How to Fast Foward/Continue with numpad return

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
wborgo

How to Fast Foward/Continue with numpad return

Post by wborgo »

This can be a dumb question, but I can't find where I register the numpad Enter.

Thanks
Tony Li

Re: How to Fast Foward/Continue with numpad return

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

There are two ways you can do it:

1. Inspect the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Input Device Manager component. Tick Always Auto Focus. Then map Numpad Return to the EventSystem's Submit input. If you're using Unity's built-in input manager, select Edit > Project Settings > Input. Expand Axes, and add another element for "Submit". Set the Positive Button to "return" (without quotes). This will make the numpad return key click whatever UI button is selected. I suspect this is what you want to do.

2. Or add a UI Button Key Trigger component to the continue button. Set the Key dropdown to Keypad Enter. This will make Keypad Enter a hotkey for the continue button.
wborgo

Post by wborgo »

I needed to uncheck the "Skip if Being Clicked By Submit" to work (as "Submit" is added as a Submit Button in the Device Manager > Input Device Manager, I think)
Is there any problem with this option unticked? Until now, nothing seems to bug, but, just to know if it can lead to some problem

Also, I like the "Any Key or Button" option.
Thank you.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That's correct. I forgot to mention that checkbox.