Issue with conversations not saving

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hipsterdufus

Issue with conversations not saving

Post by hipsterdufus »

I think I can consistently repro the issue I'm having with the conversations not saving. If I open a conversation, make some changes, tab into my IDE (Rider), make a script change there, then tab back to Unity (it recompiles), the dialogue conversation will look like it still has the changes you just made but it does not. You can tell something is messed up by clicking on a node that links to one of the new nodes you made - in the inspector it says Links to: and prints the dialogue of the linked node. That text will be stuck with whatever was previously there. At this point any changes you make will be lost. You'll think everything is fine but when you exit the conversation and re-enter the conversation it'll refresh and the changes you made will be lost. I can make a gif for you if you cannot reproduce.
Tony Li

Re: Issue with conversations not saving

Post by Tony Li »

Thank you for the reproduction steps. I've been trying to track down this bug. From your description, I think it has something to do with a change that Unity made in the messages it sends when recompiling. I'll confirm that I can reproduce it, at which point it should be easy to make a fix.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Again, thank you so much for identifying this. Here's a patch that should fix the issue:

DS_EditorPatch_2023-10-09.unitypackage

I'll also be submitting an update to the Asset Store soon.
hipsterdufus

Post by hipsterdufus »

Huge, thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This fix is in 2.2.40.3, btw.