FNG Question: Click to Move and the Dialogue System

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
pixel-cruncher

FNG Question: Click to Move and the Dialogue System

Post by pixel-cruncher »

I am using a mouse-click to move scheme for my isometric RPG. The dialogue system breaks my interaction upon loading, and I am unable to use the script (losing my mouse cursor and all mouse input).

Is there a way to preserve the raycast functionality of my script? My goal is to block navigation raycasts when participating in conversations, restricting all mouse interaction to the Dialogue System conversation UI, and then resuming my click-to-move interaction with the environment after. It seems to me this should be fairly easy, no? Perhaps with selectors or using some kind of raycast layer mask? I feel like I am missing something.

I should mention my click-to-move script is also dependent on navmesh.

Ideally, I would like to keep the game running during conversations so I may trigger emote animations for each actor.

Thanks in advance.
Tony Li

Re: FNG Question: Click to Move and the Dialogue System

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

We'll need to identify what's locking and hiding your mouse cursor. Please inspect the Dialogue Manager GameObject. On the Input Device Manager component, set Input Device to Mouse. Make sure Detect Mouse Control is still ticked.

I don't believe anything else should automatically hide the mouse cursor, so check other assets or custom scripts in your project.