Strange behaviour with corgi engine conversationZone

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Espes

Strange behaviour with corgi engine conversationZone

Post by Espes »

Hello. I have this setup:
Player with a conversationZone (use it for monologues),Dialogue System Trigger, Dialogue Actor components.
Npc with a conversationZone, Dialogue System Trigger, Dialogue Actor components.

The problem is that when interacting with a specific NPC (where only the NPC speaks), instead of activating it's Dialogue Box, it activates the player's.
I've tried to reset it's conversation zone but the problem persists. The same thing happens when I assign to another NPC the specific problematic conversation and the the specific actor name in the "Dialogue Actor" component. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit
I found a solution
1. I unchecked Player is Actor in the conversation zone
2. In the Conversation, I've set the player as Actor of <Start> Node
and all other Nodes the Actor the npc and Conversant the player
3. Left the Conversation Conversant empty

I cannot understand who is the Actor every time. The one that triggers the conversation or the one that speaks first?
Tony Li

Re: Strange behaviour with corgi engine conversationZone

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This page:
Character GameObject Assignments may help.

In summary: Check the conversation properties in the Dialogue Editor. Make sure Actor and Conversant are set to what you want. Then make sure the Dialogue System Trigger's Conversation Actor and Conversation Conversant match.
Espes

Post by Espes »

Lets say I have this setup
What will happen if I enable Player is Actor in conversation zone.
What will happen if I set the conversation zone gameobject of NPC to Conversation Actor of Dialogue System Trigger.
I cant understand how changes above affect the Actor and Conversant of Conversation and the Actor and Conversant of each node.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Espes wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:09 amWhat will happen if I enable Player is Actor in conversation zone.
This will use the player GameObject as the conversation actor. It's a way to specify the player GameObject since the player GameObject is not normally in the scene at design time. Instead, Corgi's Level Manager instantiates it at runtime.
Espes wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:09 amWhat will happen if I set the conversation zone gameobject of NPC to Conversation Actor of Dialogue System Trigger.
If Player Is Actor is ticked, it will do nothing.