OpenAI Add-on with GPT-4

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
kim

OpenAI Add-on with GPT-4

Post by kim »

I'm using the OpenAI Add-on.
The add-on itself is convenient, but when I try to use the GPT4 version of the translation feature, it doesn't work because of "HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests".
Due to the above error, the GPT4 model is currently not available.
Looking at the quality of translation in ChatGPT, GPT4 shows much better results, so I wanted to translate to GPT4, but the function does not work, so I am using GPT3.5 to translate.
I'm wondering when GPT4 will be available. OpenAI Payment is working fine.

The current OpenAI package is 5.0.9 and I'm using Unity 2021.3.24f.

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests
{
    "error": {
        "message": "Rate limit reached for 10KTPM-200RPM in organization org-[Myorgnization] on tokens per min. Limit: 10000 / min. Please try again in 6ms. Contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if you continue to have issues.",
        "type": "tokens",
        "param": null,
        "code": "rate_limit_exceeded"
    }
}

UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.OpenAIAddon.OpenAI/<>c__DisplayClass15_0:<SubmitChatAsync>b__0 (UnityEngine.AsyncOperation) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System Addon for OpenAI/Scripts/OpenAI/OpenAI.cs:161)
UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent ()
Tony Li

Re: OpenAI Add-on with GPT-4

Post by Tony Li »

Hello,

As a test, does it work to translate a single dialogue entry instead of translating the entire database?

Two things can cause the "Too Many Requests" error:
  • The OpenAI Addon is sending requests too quickly to OpenAI. The Addon has a rate limiter to prevent this. I'll check if GPT4 has reduced the rate at which you can send requests to the API.
  • Or too many people at the same time are submitting requests to OpenAI. This is outside of the Addon's control. You may need to wait for a quieter time of day when fewer people are submitting requests to the OpenAI API.
Note: You no longer need RageAgainstThePixel's OpenAI UPM for Unity (com.openai.unity). The Dialogue System Addon for OpenAI only requires the Dialogue System.
kim

Post by kim »

Thank you for your comment, developer.
The single-sentence translation feature of GPT-4 does work.
However, it's not an urgent issue right now as we're proceeding with translations in a different manner.
There's no doubt that Dialogue System for Unity is an excellent asset for facilitating easy translations.
Thank you. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll check the current rate limits with OpenAI and see if there's anything we can do to keep database translations as fast as possible while avoiding this error from OpenAI.