Dialogue between more than two people in VN mode or with only one alone

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Zoraph

Dialogue between more than two people in VN mode or with only one alone

Post by Zoraph »

Hi,

Is it possible to create scenarios with more than two people talking? Most of all of my conversations require at least 3 characters talking or one who just talk to himself without anyone responding. Is there some way to do that that I didn't see or it is limited to only 2 person talking?

Yannick
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue between more than two people in VN mode or with only one alone

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can involve as many actors as you want in a conversation. The Dialogue System Extras page has an example (direct download) that demonstrates several characters talking in a VN-style dialogue UI.

You'll assign two actors to be the primary actor and conversant, typically the Player and the main NPC involved in the conversation. To assign them, open the conversation in the Dialogue Editor and select Menu > Conversation Properties. Then set the Actor and Conversant dropdowns.

If you want to assign a different actor to a specific dialogue entry node, select the node and set its Actor (i.e., speaker) dropdown.

Dialogue UIs can have any number of subtitle panels. To tell an actor to use a specific subtitle panel, add a Dialogue Actor component to the actor's GameObject. (Create an empty GameObject for the actor if it doesn't have one.) Set the Actor dropdown, and specify the subtitle panel number in Dialogue UI Settings > Subtitle Panel Number.
Zoraph

Post by Zoraph »

Nice thank you for your response I will look into this soon :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!