Unable to move camera to required camera angle using sequencer camera command

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
harsha

Unable to move camera to required camera angle using sequencer camera command

Post by harsha »

I'm trying to make the camera look at the actor on every dialogue, so I created a CameraAngles gameobject with two children - "NPCView" and "PlayerView", then entered sequencer command "Camera(NPCView)" for all the NPC Dialouges and "Camera(PlayerView)" command for all the player dialogues. When I play the game there are two things happening

1. Camera either only looks at the player(PlayerView camera position) and just moves a little forward when the NPC dialogues play but it doesnt reposition to NPCView position.
2. There is a second camera called sequencer camera in the scene.

Also is there a way I can make the camera look at the actor on every dialogue using Cinemachine?
Last edited by harsha on Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tony Li

Re: Unable to move camera to required camera angle using sequencer camera command

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Camera Angles prefab is relative. For example, the Closeup angle in the default Camera Angles prefab can do a closeup on any character because it positions the camera relative to that character.

For details, please see: Camera Angle Prefabs.

For a video explanation, see part 2 (Camerawork) of the Cutscene Sequence Tutorials.
harsha

Re: Unable to move camera to required camera angle using sequencer camera command

Post by harsha »

Thank you very much for your response. I'll look into that.

I also have one more question, is there a way I can make the camera look at the actor on every dialogue using Cinemachine?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes. If you want to move the camera into position at the start of the conversation and leave it there for the duration of the conversation, use a a Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event component on the NPC.

If you want to move the camera to face each character as they speak, set the Dialogue Manager's Camera & Cutscene Settings > Default Sequence or the conversation's Menu > Conversation Properties > Override Display Settings > ... > Default Sequence. You can use a CinemachineTarget() sequencer command if you want to use the same vcam and change its target, or you can use CinemachinePriority() commands to change the priorities of dedicated vcams for each character.