Dialogue Visual Glitch

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
simplepleasuresdxy

Dialogue Visual Glitch

Post by simplepleasuresdxy »

Hi Tony,

So I'm getting a weird glitch with the dialogue. When I load the next dialogue, it'll still show the last text from the previous dialogue before loading the 1st dialogue line from the new one and it looks a little weird. Do you have any recommendations for how to fix that?
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue Visual Glitch

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please back up your project and then update to Dialogue System version 2.2.39. If it still occurs there, inspect your dialogue UI's subtitle panel(s) and tick the Clear Text On Conversation Start checkbox.
simplepleasuresdxy

Hmm, it's saying Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I try to do a dialogue after the update.

What do I need to do?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please click on that message, press Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on Mac) to copy its details to the clipboard, then paste it here. I've finished work for the night, so it may be tomorrow morning when I have a chance to reply.
simplepleasuresdxy

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemTrigger.DoConversationAction (UnityEngine.Transform actor) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/DialogueSystemTrigger.cs:977)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemTrigger.Fire (UnityEngine.Transform actor) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/DialogueSystemTrigger.cs:735)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemTrigger.TryStart (UnityEngine.Transform actor, UnityEngine.Transform interactor) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/DialogueSystemTrigger.cs:717)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemTrigger.TryStart (UnityEngine.Transform actor) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/DialogueSystemTrigger.cs:703)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemTrigger.OnUse () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Triggers/Triggers/DialogueSystemTrigger.cs:550)

UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <1332c534a8a44623b2e5cc943a0b790e>:0)

UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <1332c534a8a44623b2e5cc943a0b790e>:0)

PixelCrushers.TimedEvent.TimeReached () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Common/Scripts/UnityEvents/TimedEvent.cs:135)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks. Those details suggest that there's no Dialogue Manager GameObject.
simplepleasuresdxy

Where do i have to look to fix that? Because im pretty sure i have a dialogue manager game object
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

When you play the game and it gets to that error message, examine the Hierarchy window. Is there a Dialogue Manager GameObject in the Don't Destroy On Load section?
simplepleasuresdxy

Hi, the dialogue manager does NOT go into the "Do not destroy"

What's going on? I have the dialogue manager right here but it's not working. Do I have to redo the entire thing???
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Inspect your Dialogue Manager GameObject's Other Settings section. Make sure "Don't Destroy On Load" and "Allow Only One Instance" are ticked.

If they are, then is it possible that more than one GameObject has a Save System component or an Input Device Manager component?