Export/Import english

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
fkkcloud

Export/Import english

Post by fkkcloud »

Hello,

With Localization export and import, it is useful to fix some error on text (e.g. carriage return tags and such).
However, I see that there is no way to export english only and import english only (localization export does export english as Original Text next to each localization text but does not get imported)

Is there a way to export english texts into .csv (so I can open via Excel and fix multiple carriage return all at one) and import that back safely?

Thank you in advance,
J
Tony Li

Re: Export/Import english

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Jae,

Are you using the Localization Export/Import feature? If so, then each CSV file will have these columns: (Example shown for Spanish)

Code: Select all

Conversation ID | Entry ID | Actor | Original Text | Translated Text [es] | Original Menu | Translated Menu [es] | Description
If you're using English as the database's default language (i.e., "Dialogue Text" field), then the Original Text column will be the original English in the Dialogue Text field. Fix this text in one of the CSV files -- for example, the "es.csv" file in the example above. Then tick the checkbox next to that language:

updateMainText.png
updateMainText.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 239 times

When you import the CSV file(s), it will also import the file's Original Text into the database's Dialogue Text, etc.