Custom Gui Skin for Proximity Selector not showing

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ehdusjenny

Custom Gui Skin for Proximity Selector not showing

Post by ehdusjenny »

Hi Tony,

I've configured a custom Gui Skin for my main actor's proximity selector component. This custom Gui Skin has a custom background and font. However, I'll still seeing the default GUI skin when I play and approach other interactable actors.

I've attached pictures of my configurations. Would you know why this is happening? Thank you in advance!
Attachments
proximity_selector_2.PNG
proximity_selector_2.PNG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 138 times
proximity_selector.PNG
proximity_selector.PNG (26.71 KiB) Viewed 138 times
Tony Li

Re: Custom Gui Skin for Proximity Selector not showing

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If the GameObject with the Proximity Selector also has a Selector Use Standard UI Elements component, your proximity selector is a Unity UI-based Standard UI Selector Elements. You can either remove the Selector Use Standard UI Elements component, in which case it will use your GUI skin, or you can duplicate the Basic Standard UI Selector Elements prefab, assign the duplicate to the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Instantiate Prefabs components > Prefabs list in place of the original, and customize the duplicate to look the way you want.
ehdusjenny

Post by ehdusjenny »

Ah yes it also has the Selector Use Standard UI Elements component. I went with your second suggestion to use the Standard UI elements. Thank you for your help!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!