The continue button malfunctions when integrated with Quest Machines.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ds2497

The continue button malfunctions when integrated with Quest Machines.

Post by ds2497 »

Hi there,

In my game, I have both the Dialogue System for Unity and Quest Machines. I have noticed that when using the Dialogue System Quest Machine Bridge component on the Dialogue Manager game object, the "continue" button setting does not work. The NPC keeps talking even though the continue button setting is already set to "Always." It took me some time to narrow down this issue. Is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: The continue button malfunctions when integrated with Quest Machines.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Can you please describe the problem in more detail?

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

If you play the Quest Machine Dialogue System Demo scene and set the Dialogue Manager's Subtitle Settings > Continue Button to Always, does it work correctly? I just tested that here, and it seems to work correctly.
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Hi Tony,

I've tried the demo, and everything works fine. However, when I reviewed the dialogue in my scene, I discovered that the dialogue causing the problem has the line "SetQuestCounterValue("TestQuest", "quest_item", 1)" in the Script section. This also explains why removing the Dialogue System Quest Machine Bridge won't trigger this problem. Later, I changed the Script section to "GiveQuest("TestActorA", "TestQuest")", and the same issue occurred. The continue button appears, but the actor keeps talking even when the continue button hasn't been clicked.

Please let me know if you need more information to identify the problem.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Content in the Script field should have no impact on the dialogue UI. Did you perhaps put content in the Sequence field?

Can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
ds2497

Post by ds2497 »

Hi Tony,

I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous message. It seems that the continue button issue is not related to the Dialogue System Quest Machine Bridge at all. Upon further testing, I realized that I had been testing dialogues with one having the override setting and one without it, which led to my confusion. In reality, there is an override section in the dialogue where I simply need to modify the setting in the Continue Button within the Override Display Settings.

Thank you very much for your help!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm glad you found the issue! :-)