UI Image Animation Not Looping

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Luseya

UI Image Animation Not Looping

Post by Luseya »

Hello!

I added a little arrow graphic to the NPC Subtitle Panel to indicate when there is more conversation, and it's supposed to disappear once the end of the NPC dialogue is reached. I added a little animation to this arrow so that it moves slightly up and down, but the animation does not loop.

I already troubleshooted by addressing general looping issues, and I actually have the same animation and graphic set up in another scene for another purpose, and it works just fine in that scene. The only difference between that scene and this one is that this Image is part of the custom Dialogue System UI that I made (based off the one you provided in the package). Is there anything in the Dialogue System that could potentially interfere with the UI animations? Sorry for the broad question... I tried checking different components and settings but couldn't find anything that might be causing the issue, so I'm kind of at a loss :(
Tony Li

Re: UI Image Animation Not Looping

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

There's nothing different, unless maybe you're pausing the game during conversations. If so, then your Animator's Update Mode should be set to Unscaled Time so it can play while time scale is zero.
Luseya

Post by Luseya »

I discovered that when the animated arrow was in the same panel as the Subtitle Text and Portrait Name Panel, the animation wouldn't loop, but if I moved it to be a direct child of the NPC Subtitle Panel or created a new parent for it in the NPC Subtitle Panel, it worked and the animation looped properly.

I have no idea why though. Anyway, I resolved the issue, so we're good haha, but if you do have any insights as to why that would cause the issue, please let me know!

Thank you! :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm glad it's working now. I couldn't say why without getting a reproduction project. Maybe some GameObject was getting deactivated that was affecting it.