Response menu flickering

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
thecodehermit

Response menu flickering

Post by thecodehermit »

Hi, its me again ...

I get an annoying flickering when transitioning from pressing on a response option. You can check the image it is clearer to see there. Basically I want to skip point 2 and 3, and to directly go to 4.
Maybe one solution can be if the Menu_Panel and Subtitle_Panel got disabled at the same time, then we wont see that snapping/flickering effect.

It is happening only for a split second, but it is visible and it gets really annoying having all those menus snapping and moving around on every transition....
flickering_.jpg
flickering_.jpg (758.15 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Tony Li

Re: Response menu flickering

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

UNtick Deactivate On Hidden and add a Canvas Group to the menu panel if it doesn't already have one. Then configure the OnClose() event to set the Canvas Group's Alpha to 0 and OnOpen() to set Alpha back to 1.
thecodehermit

Post by thecodehermit »

Oh that is a clever solution. Ty it worked great !
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!
thecodehermit

Post by thecodehermit »

Hmm actually I spoke too soon.. There is still a transition phase at point 2. To mitigate this I did the same alpha group trick with the Subtitle_Panel_NPC , but now point 2 is just an empty space. Is there any way to skip this transition phase ?

Ideally we click the button and we go directly to point 3 without seeing anything in between, even if its empty space.

I checked the "Wait for open" and "Wait for close" on the subtitle and menu panels and they are all off, though they act like they are on and still waiting for something to happen and then displaying the data.

I will keep tinkering with it, maybe I will find some way to fix it before you read this.
flickering 2.jpg
flickering 2.jpg (286.71 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I don't follow. Do you only want the most recent subtitle to appear? If so, can you just untick the subtitle panel's Accumulate Text checkbox?
thecodehermit

Post by thecodehermit »

Actually never mind, I found what was causing it. It was my mistake, the original solution you provided was enough.
It was more of a visual styling issue than anything else. Anyway everything is good now
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

No worries; glad it's working now!