Hide Panel While Preserving Continue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
BWLGeorge

Re: Hide Panel While Preserving Continue

Post by BWLGeorge »

It's late where I am so I'm gonna call it a night, but will do tomorrow. A hundred thousand thanks already for your time and patience
BWLGeorge

Post by BWLGeorge »

So I partially ended up solving this problem, at least the issue with building changing my prefab. Turns out sometimes the library file that gets auto-generated if you move or change assets in Unity's folder and not in Unity itself can mess with certain prefabs, so I regenerated the library file and now building the game doesn't mess with my preset anymore.

BUT I still have the issue where the button doesn't get activated when playing a build despite it working in-engine, which I'm guessing still has to do with that aforementioned bug involving Don'tDestroyonLoad objects
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, please try the patch. I think that should fix it.
BWLGeorge

Post by BWLGeorge »

Sorry, should have mentioned, I tried the patch last night and it didn't fix the issue
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

BWLGeorge

Post by BWLGeorge »

Still doesn't seem to be working unfortunately. I'm checking all sorts of stuff like seeing if maybe some people have had similar issues with UI buttons showing up in build but I'm not having much luck. Do you think it might have anything to do with the Dialogue UI being a prefab that's a child of the Dialogue Manger prefab?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Is your special button a child of the dialogue UI's Dialogue Panel, or is it on the same level in the hierarchy as the Dialogue Panel (or higher)? If it's inside the Dialogue Panel, then even if you activate the button it still won't be visible because its parent (Dialogue Panel) will be inactive.
BWLGeorge

Post by BWLGeorge »

It's on the same hierarchy as the panel. Both it and the panel are children of the UI. Doesn't seem like it's directly a hierarchy thing because it still work fine in Unity's play mode, it's only when a build is made that the button doesn't show.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Is it possible that when you play a build it's using a different Dialogue Manager?

Can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?