Sequencer command DOF() - Third party support?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Mushyboom

Sequencer command DOF() - Third party support?

Post by Mushyboom »

Hello.

Firstly I just want to say this is the best unity asset I've ever purchased. It was worth every penny. Thank you for the hard work on it!

So, I've been trying to use the DOF() sequencer command, and within the documentation it mentions this:
To make this command available, import Third Party Support / PostProcessing Support. You must have also imported Unity's Post Processing Stack into your project.
I already have the post processing stack in my project, but unfortunately I'm not sure where this PostProcessing third party support is located? I've looked around on the website, and looked at the Third Party packages, but can't seem to locate the post processing support?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
Tony Li

Re: Sequencer command DOF() - Third party support?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks! In versions 2.2.36 and earlier, the DOF() included in the "PostProcessing Support.unitypackage" file is for PostProcessing v1. You can download the PostProcessing v2 version from the Dialogue System Extras page, linked directly here:

DS_PostProcessingSupport_2023-05-03-a.unitypackage

In version 2.2.37+, the package in the Third Party Support folder will be for PostProcessing v2.
Mushyboom

Post by Mushyboom »

Thank you so much for your prompt response, Tony. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I've only just gotten into making my own game, and so far this asset is doing so much heavy lifting of smaller things I hadn't even thought about - it's so thoughtfully put together so I really commend you!

kind regards.
Mushyboom

Post by Mushyboom »

Just trying this now with URP, Toni, and having a bit of a problem with it. My URP project currently doesn't have the PP stack attached to the main camera, but it's on a separate volume. This causes issues with the sequencer.

Is it because I need the PostProcessing V1 package?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

No, the DOF() command was written to use the PostProcessVolume that's on the camera. This updated version lets you specify the name of a different PostProcessVolume GameObject as a third parameter:

DS_PostProcessingSupport_2023-05-03-a.unitypackage

For example, if your PostProcessVolume is on a GameObject named "Lab", you could do:

Code: Select all

DOF(NPC, 2, Lab)
If you omit the third parameter, DOF() will check the main camera first. If it doesn't find a PostProcessVolume on the main camera, it will use whatever one it finds in the scene.