Fatal error : Dialogue Localization Package Bridge

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
robster21

Fatal error : Dialogue Localization Package Bridge

Post by robster21 »

Hello, I'm using Localization package, and my game stops when I click play button.

I found out the cause(Image) of the problem after trial and error, but I don't know why.
What should I do?
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (48.44 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Tony Li

Re: Fatal error : Dialogue Localization Package Bridge

Post by Tony Li »

Are there any other warnings or errors in the Console window prior to the error message about that line? What is the exact error message?

Are all of the localized string table assets assigned to the Dialogue System Localization Package Bridge component in good working order? The error is coming from the Localization package. It's unable to retrieve data from one of the localized string table assets.
robster21

Post by robster21 »

There's no error logs,
the Unity editor just stop when I click the play button.(And I can't interact with any UI in the Unity Editor.)

I've divide my String Tables to two, actor's name and conversation context. Could this be the cause?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

No, two separate tables should be fine.

Does the Unity editor stop because the Console window's Error Pause (pause play mode on error) option is turned on?

Try assigning just one string table to the Bridge component, and then play the game. It of course won't localize some content during play, but this will help you determine which string table has the issue.

Also check in the Package Manager window if you can update the version of your Localization package.
robster21

Post by robster21 »

No matter what String Table is assigned, the Unity Editor stops.
I'll rebuild the project and continue to try.
Thank you for your answers!
robster21

Post by robster21 »

Umm... Well, I think I found out some causes.
1. Renaming String Table(Even if I return it to original name, the Unity Editor stops.)
2. Changing String Table's file path after creation

If the error occurs, it seems that the error disappears only when I delete all the String Tables and create a new one...
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for the update. Consider reporting that bug to Unity so they can fix it in a future Localization package update.