Timeline Continue conversation clip not working

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Sociopath

Timeline Continue conversation clip not working

Post by Sociopath »

Hi, i'm trying to do the same as this tutorial the method they explain in part 2, however i can't manage it to works, i did the same they say place on sequence WaitForMessage(Forever), and place two clips on timeline, one with StartConversationClip selecting my conversation, then some others with ContinueConversationClip but not working... I have to manually click in the text to view the next one.

How can I make the text ignore user clicks and just show and hide messages automatic via timeline?
Tony Li

Re: Timeline Continue conversation clip not working

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This package has two example scenes:

DS_TimelineContinueExamples_2022-07-06.unitypackage
  • Shoemaker Example - Auto Continue: Demonstrates how to automatically continue conversation in timeline without player interaction.
  • Shoemaker Example - Pause Until Player Continues: Demonstrates how to pause timeline while waiting for player to click continue button.
Can you post a screenshot of your timeline?

Here are some things to check:

1. The conversation's continue button mode should be "Always". You can either:
  • Set the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Display Settings > Subtitle Settings > Continue Button to Always.
  • Or inspect the conversation's properties (Dialogue Editor -> Menu > Conversation Properties) and tick Override Display Settings > Override Subtitle Settings. Then set Continue Button to Always.
3. Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

4. Temporarily set the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Other Settings > Debug Level to Info. This will log detailed information to the Console window. When the timeline is running, watch the Console window's logs. They should give you an idea of what's going on under the hood.
Sociopath

Post by Sociopath »

Thanks for ur fast reply, I had a lot of missing configuration, glad u had that demo, it helpmed me a lot!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!