This error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
SealDev

This error

Post by SealDev »

When entering playmode: (1 error)
Attachments
this.png
this.png (136.52 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Tony Li

Re: This error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Something strange is going on with your Save System GameObject or something that is calling a Save System method. Can you test the save system in a new, empty project with just the Dialogue System? That might help you identify what's going on in your main project.

If you can't find the issue, you can send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.
SealDev

Post by SealDev »

From my testing, it seems that it doesn't happen in other scenes, only this specific one.

If I go to another scene "Y", then come back to scene "X", the first time I enter play mode nothing shows up. The 2nd time I enter play mode this error starts showing up.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Which scene(s) contain SaveSystem components?

Which scene is open when you enter play mode?
SealDev

Post by SealDev »

I have about 30 scenes. In all of them, even if I enter play mode 2+ times, nothing happens.

Except in 1 scene. I tried disabling Dialogue Manager. Error disappeared. I checked the Dialogue Manager prefab. It looked completely identical in all the settings.

But I placed a new prefab instance in that scene. Now the error seems to be gone. Indeed strange. Hope it won't affect player save files.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

It shouldn't affect save files. Keep in mind that, unless you've changed the behavior, the first Dialogue Manager to exist during play will survive scene changes and replace Dialogue Managers in subsequently-loaded scenes. If your SaveSystem component is on the Dialogue Manager, check the first Dialogue Manager to exist and make sure it's configured the way you want.