Get Current QUEST name in Conversation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Sumosake

Get Current QUEST name in Conversation

Post by Sumosake »

Attempting to get the current Quest Name to use in my Dialogue. More specifically in Variable["Alert"] =

I am a new user but have a basic understanding of the lua stuff. I was able to use:

[lua(Actor[Variable["ConversantIndex"]].Name)] to return the "Current Speaker" name in my dialogue/conversations which seemed simple enough.

However, I am having issues with attempting to retrieving the "Current" Quest name the same way.

[lua(Quest["Orc_Hunter"].Name)] returns the name obviously but was wondering if "Current Quest Name" already had something built into the Dialogue System.

Does something exist for "(Quest[Variable[ " to return current Quest fields or do I need to create and add/register them?

Thanks for your support.
Tony Li

Re: Get Current QUEST name in Conversation

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

For the conversant's display name, you can use the much simpler [var=Conversant].

There's no equivalent "current quest name" because a conversation could be about multiple quests or none at all. If you know a specific quest's Name (e.g., "Kill_Rats"), and if you're using Display Names, you can get the Display Name like this:

[lua(Quest["Kill_Rats"].Display_Name)]
Sumosake

Post by Sumosake »

You are absolutely right about Quest Name.... I'm spending too much time overthinking things. :D Conversations and Quests are two different things. I was actually in the Conversation which assigns the Quest.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!