Working with Arcweave and Ork

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mdz_grs

Working with Arcweave and Ork

Post by mdz_grs »

My quest designer was initially using Arcweave to plan out the storyboards and quests. We have decided to use both ORK 3 and the Dialogue System together. From what I can tell from the documentation, to use the ORK 3 integration you would need to implement the dialogue/quest trees in Makinom. Are the imported Arcweave storyboards still compatible with the ORK 3 integration? Or would my quest designer still need to reimplement the storyboards manually in Makinom?
Tony Li

Re: Working with Arcweave and Ork

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Dialogue System uses Arcweave for conversations, not for quests. Your Arcweave conversations can still control quests, but you'll need to define those quests in a separate dialogue database.
mdz_grs

Post by mdz_grs »

So it would be more straightforward if our quest designer just implemented everything through Makinom so that he could control dialogues and update quests all from the Makinom graph?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, if that works for your designer. You can still write your dialogues in Arcweave, though, if your prefer that workflow.
mdz_grs

Post by mdz_grs »

Thanks, I'll let them know and let them choose their preferred workflow. And thanks for the fast reply. I know stuff like this is stuff you'll eventually figure out, but we're still in the process of familiarizing ourselves with both assets, so this really helps to save some time.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! If any other questions come up, just ask.