Issues with saving/loading and journal UI

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
nickg84

Issues with saving/loading and journal UI

Post by nickg84 »

I've been messing around with Dialogue System's save/load features. I've got everything working great, including tracked quests with Quest Machine. However, my issue is when I load the save, the quest text over the journal UI is missing. However, the quests are still being tracked (including the HUD, NPC dialogue, etc). Basically, all is working great except for some pesky text visuals!
Tony Li

Re: Issues with saving/loading and journal UI

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by quest text over the journal UI. Would you please provide some screenshots and/or email a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? Does the issue also happen in Quest Machine's Demo scene or the Quest Machine - Dialogue System integration's demo?
nickg84

Post by nickg84 »

Sorry, I solved it. I had removed the journal from the original hierarchy to fit my UI setup. I reimported the Quest Machine from the demo and redid everything, keeping it all in the same hierarchy, and it works now.

One thing I'm still working on is getting it to save equipped clothing in Eadon RPG (official Invector add-on). Reloading a saved game keeps the clothing in inventory but strips my character. I'm still working that out though, I can create a separate thread in the future if I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

In case these links are any help: