Standard Dialogue UI ORK Bridge

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Edla

Standard Dialogue UI ORK Bridge

Post by Edla »

I followed the setup here, but I can not find the Standard Dialogue UI ORK Bridge component to add to the dialog manager.

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... ork#p30710

Also looked into the extra page, there's nothing related to ORK

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue- ... em-extras/

can you point me at the right direction?

THanks
Tony Li

Re: Standard Dialogue UI ORK Bridge

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That functionality was rolled into the Dialogue System Ork Bridge component, so the StandardDialogueUIOrkBridge component was removed. (I see that the online manual still mentions the component; I'll update the manual soon.)
Edla

Post by Edla »

I see, thanks.

I have gotten the dialog to show up using a schematic.

but he dialog won't respond to any gamepad inputs. The conversation panel is not in focus.
When I press the A button, I got the following warning, Looks like it's trying to start conversation again.

Dialogue System: Another conversation is already active. Not starting 'TestDialog'.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:StartConversation (string,UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform,int) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueSystemController.cs:901)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:StartConversation (string,UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueSystemController.cs:997)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueManager:StartConversation (string,UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueManager.cs:475)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.StartConversationNode:Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic) (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Makinom Support/Scripts/Nodes/StartConversationNode.cs:29)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic:ExecuteNextNode ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic:NodeFinished (int)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.BlockHUDNode:Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic:ExecuteNextNode ()
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

After starting the conversation the first time, you'll want to temporarily disable whatever causes the schematic to try to start a conversation. You can do this using a Dialogue System Events component, or by checking the Check Conversation Active node in your schematic before trying to run the Start Conversation node.
Edla

Post by Edla »

Hi,
The Dialog box still not responding to the gamepad input.
Is there a setting I'm missing to enable gamepad control?
Any ideas??

Thanks
Edla

Post by Edla »

It feels like the inputs are being blocked by Ork. somehow. But I can’t find it where.
Check a few places.
- event system object, senNavigationEvents is checked.

- tried a few ork schematic nodes such as unblock key and such. But the dialogue box still won’t take any game pad inputs.
Last edited by Edla on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Try ticking the Dialogue Manager's Input Device Manager component > Always Auto Focus checkbox.
Edla

Post by Edla »

I did, but that didn’t do anything.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm travelling but will be able to check ORK tomorrow. Are you able to click on dialogue UI buttons with the mouse?

You could also keep an inspector on the EventSystem during play to see what's currently selected. When the response menu comes up, does the EventSystem show that one of the response buttons is selected?

Also, on your dialogue UI, try setting the response menu's Standard UI Menu Panel > Refresh Selectables Frequency to 0.5. If that fixes the issue, it's a known issue and I can send you the patch. (The fix will also be in DS version 2.2.28.)
Edla

Post by Edla »

Answer to your questions.

1. Yes I can use the mouse to click on the response button and the dialogue runs as expected.

2. The EventSystem shows the first response button is selected.

3. The Refresh Selectable Frequency is already set to 0.5

When the dialogue panel comes up. The first button/answer is selected, but it just won’t respond to the game pad. Button won’t submit and joystick won’t move to the second response/button.