Menu Framework - Hide Dialogue UI

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
GreenConure

Menu Framework - Hide Dialogue UI

Post by GreenConure »

Hello!

I've been trying to hide the Dialogue and Quest Tracker UI if the player returns to the Title Menu (I'm currently using the Menu Framework). What currently happens is if the Player returns to the menu during a conversation, the Dialogue UI and actor portraits are still visible in the Menu screen(Same with Quest Tracker UI). I tried having it done via Unity Events where their Dialogue Panel UI is closed when players return to the Starting Menu, but even if I set them to open/activate again upon loading to the next scene, the UI remains closed, and triggering conversations do not activate the Dialogue UI or the Quest tracker again. The same happens if I use SetEnabled with the Dialogue/Quest Canvases. Would you have a suggestion on how to go about this?

Thank you so much for all of your help!
Tony Li

Re: Menu Framework - Hide Dialogue UI

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can configure the TitleMenuPanel's OnOpen() event to deactivate the Dialogue Manager's Canvas, and configure OnClose() to enable it.

You'll also want to make sure any active conversation is stopped when you return to the title menu. You can do this by configuring the TitleMenuPanel's OnOpen() to call the Dialogue Manager's DialogueSystemController.StopConversation.
GreenConure

Post by GreenConure »

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much!!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!