save menu and invector inventory issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Axbaby123

Re: save menu and invector inventory issues

Post by Axbaby123 »

Same scene.
Tested with Invector 2.6.1 and it worked great

Tested with Invector 2.6.1a and I had trigger teleport problem, trigger acted like a barrier/wall.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Still having that problem? I just checked Scene Portals in 2.6.1a, and they seem to work fine.

The test Scene Portal's Tag is Untagged and Layer is Default.
Axbaby123

Post by Axbaby123 »

I will test tomorrow and report back. I simply deleted my 2.6.1 and installed 2.6.1a. trigger problem.
deleted 2.6.1a and installed 2.6.1. trigger worked.
Axbaby123

Post by Axbaby123 »

Had an issue with the Unity events system but yes the latest Invector 2.6.1a works just fine with Dialogue System Save and Scene changes.
Thanks

video of it working
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

What's with the flapping arms and damage overlay flashing? Is that intentional?
Axbaby123

Post by Axbaby123 »

I did a silly thing and added too large an area of poison smog to give me damage on Scene 1 to show a doubter that health status could be saved. Flapping arms is what happens when being damaged during poisoned state.

I do have flapping when in pause mode but fixed that by disabling the animator during pause.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Got it. Just wanted to make sure everything was going OK with the save system. Thanks.
glen

Post by glen »

Thanks for all the help guys I had restarted the entire project with the new invector update and can confirm that I set up the menu system today and it works fine now. I have done as you all suggested and there is no longer a mouse cursor issue SO thanks again for the help. Made my day today, as it was now worth rebuilding the whole thing from scratch.

I do notice that my pick up items will reappear if i load a saved game. Is there some script I should attach to these items to make them persistent with the saved game info? It can be used as a cheat glitch to spam ammo and health kits i guess, so will have to try figure a way to sort it, maybe i am missing something?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Add a DestructibleSaver component to your items. Assign unique keys manually or by selecting menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Save System > Assign Unique Keys.
glen

Post by glen »

Thanks Tony that solved it. muchly appreciated. :) 8-)

I am seeing another anomoly now with regards to the menu in invector.
SO basically I have a title scene, a loading scene, and a game scene. very basic atm.
I have my dialogue manager in the title scene as that is where the menu is. So it will then hop to loading scene and then onto the actual game scene where my tpc prefab is.

While trying to set my Player to hide the invector hud during conversations in the events component it will not be recognised / activated if i play the game through from the title scene. It is however recognised if i just load the game scene. I tried copy a prefab of my tpc into the menu / title scene but that didnt help. I also tried add it to the dialogue manager events but that didnt help either as that is back on the title scene i guess. even if i have a copy of the dialogue manager in the game scene it doesnt seem to make a difference. Only works if i go straight into game scene.

any ideas?

I also noticed a few more quest / invector related issues but i will prob compile a few more and make a separate post as i think this post has resolved it's initial question and don't wanna stray from the original topic that isn't menu related.
Thanks again for the help, I see the new dialogue version has a cursor script now for invector. so glad i finially got that working as it is the basic engine.