Probable bug with Articy import and conditions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
irve

Probable bug with Articy import and conditions

Post by irve »

I think I found an issue with imports. When a condition node outputs a multiple choice like this, the node tree ignores extra outputs:

If I put a "false" condition on the first node, the dialogue ends. I think that the correct way would be to process all of the nodes.

(Also: workaround for those who are affected: you can add a hub after the condition)
Tony Li

Re: Probable bug with Articy import and conditions

Post by Tony Li »

Aha, yes, that's definitely an oversight. I'll update the converter to handle this case and make a patch available.
irve

Post by irve »

Did this make it into 1.6.2? Was not explicitly in the notes and I'm waiting on Unity Store.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Argh, sorry, I'll be submitting 1.6.2.1 later today with that feature! :-)
irve

Post by irve »

Did the update manage to reach the store? Just checking.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It's still pending. The Asset Store folks' queue gets a bit overwhelmed sometimes.

If you'd like to test it out beforehand, I just PM'ed you your access info for the Pixel Crushers download site.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'm going to be submitting 1.6.2.2 tomorrow. Another user pointed out an issue when using articy:draft 2.4.6+.

There was a bug in articy 2.4.3 - 2.4.5 that caused dropdown values to be exported incorrectly in XML files. The Dialogue System's articy:draft converter through version 1.6.2.1 assumes articy is still exporting incorrect dropdown values and handles dropdowns accordingly. Version 1.6.2.2 goes back to handling correct dropdown values as generated by articy 2.4.6+.

Conditions with multiple pin connections still convert correctly in 1.6.2.1, but if you're using articy 2.4.6+ then it'll be subject to the issue above.
Snebjorn

Post by Snebjorn »

Itching to upgrade here as well - what's the procedure for getting access to early downloads?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Just PM me with your Unity Asset Store invoice number, and I'll reply with your download access info. Version 1.6.2.2 will be on the download site later today.
Snebjorn

Post by Snebjorn »

PM sent - thanks!