Text wrapping and typewriter effect.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
KarolStolaDD

Re: Text wrapping and typewriter effect.

Post by KarolStolaDD »

My favourite ipsum generator ^^
https://trumpipsum.net/
dhishii

Post by dhishii »

Hi Tony,
I wanted to check the example file you uploaded, but for some reason it's not unpacking it as a unity package. Could you upload it again? (I'm on a mac)

I'm trying to get the typewriter effect with auto scroll working, but I can't seem to get it to scroll. I also have an audio file linked to the conversation node. Would this cause any issues?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you unzip the zip file, it contains a unitypackage file. You should then be able to import the unitypackage file into a Unity project.
eazy_b

Post by eazy_b »

Hey!

I'm also having issues with autoscroll. I'm using TextMeshPro. I replicated the uploaded UnityAsset with the difference being it's using the TextMesh Pro Typewriter Effect instead. The typewriter effect is working but the text just overflows without scrolling.

Not sure what I'm missing...
eazy_b

Post by eazy_b »

eazy_b wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:01 pm Hey!

I'm also having issues with autoscroll. I'm using TextMeshPro. I replicated the uploaded UnityAsset with the difference being it's using the TextMesh Pro Typewriter Effect instead. The typewriter effect is working but the text just overflows without scrolling.

Not sure what I'm missing...
Changing the Content Size Fitter -> Vertical Fit to Preferred Size seems to have fixed it.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Good catch. Glad you got it fixed.