Unity AssetDatanbase error?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Kuptain

Unity AssetDatanbase error?

Post by Kuptain »

WIth Unity version 2020.2.7f1 and above, I am always getting this error when trying to add an action to a quest:
Unity's AssetDatabase couldn't add the condition subasset to the quest. The project's AssetDatabase may contain a corrupt asset. Exception: SerializedObject of SerializedProperty has been Disposed.
Why exactly is this happening? It worked fine with Unity 2020.1.11f1 before upgrading the project. Using "import all" didn't help.
Tony Li

Re: Unity AssetDatanbase error?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Unity has said this issue should be fixed in some version of Unity 2021.x.

Unity is tweaking the way its Asset Database version 2 works. An issue that passed under the radar in an older version of Unity may not pass in a newer version.

If you'd like to send a copy of your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com, I can try to figure out which asset is causing an issue.
timbecile

Post by timbecile »

Tony, is there a workaround for this? I just ran into the same issue
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're not using the latest version of Quest Machine, back up your project and update to the latest. If that doesn't help, then the workaround is to find the offending asset. The asset might not be related to Quest Machine at all. The error isn't specifically in Quest Machine, but rather in Unity's Asset Database management. You could also try updating to the latest version of the current major Unity version you're using. For example, if you're using Unity 2020, try the latest version of Unity 2020.x. Back up your project first, just in case.
timbecile

Post by timbecile »

That did it Tony! Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

May I ask which thing did it?