[REQUEST] Dialogue System for Unreal 4

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Zimc

Post by Zimc »

Hey  there guys, I've been using unity for several months now and realised, it's not quite what I need for my game.

Anyway, to the Developers of  the Dialogue System.

I will be switching to the Unreal Engine 4 when I finish upgrading my work PC. One of the things that I like about the unreal engine, is how it has a marketplace like unity.

I request maybe a port or similar system for UE4 as that would benefit me as well as a lot of other people using/moving-over-to that engine.

Cheers,

Daniel, Hobbyist Developer.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Daniel,

Have fun working in UE! It's another nice engine. I see that as of last October UE now supports C#, so I'll consider porting the Dialogue System. I miss working in C++, but I'm not about to port thousands of lines of C# code to C++. ;-)

Happy Holidays!

Tony
Elerion

Re: [REQUEST] Dialogue System for Unreal 4

Post by Elerion »

Hi, Tony,

I want to get this thread back (it's from 2014, I'm doing it in 2020) to know if there's finally a chance to have the Dialogue System in Unreal 4. I'm looking at several options for our studio and so far Dialogue System is the one that I think is the most solid and suitable for our game, but unfortunately it's going to be done in Unreal.... Do you know if there is any possibility of development in the Epic engine?

Thank you!
Tony Li

Re: [REQUEST] Dialogue System for Unreal 4

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

When I looked into it, so much of the Dialogue System is Unity-specific that a port to Unreal would really need to be a complete rewrite. The Unreal marketplace is gaining traction, but it's currently not at a place yet where the development time to write it for Unreal wouldn't be a significant loss. You might consider using articy:draft and its Unreal integration.