Ink Integration - Loop issue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
nehvaleem

Ink Integration - Loop issue

Post by nehvaleem »

Hi, I've encountered an issue with ink integration. I think it is a bug since it behaves differently in inky (and ink player inside unity) vs DS.

Basically, the conversation should be looped, but one of the options that I have does not do that.

I am attaching the sample ink file. Choosing the second option in the response menu should loop the user back, but it does not while the 3rd option does loop indeed. It works just as expected in inky & ink player inside unity.

Example ink file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JvBWC2 ... sp=sharing (since .ink extension isn't allowed as an attachment on the forums)

I've prepared a full repro-project If it is needed. Please let me know if should I upload it.
Tony Li

Re: Ink Integration - Loop issue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I believe this should fix the issue:

DS_InkSupport_2020-12-08.unitypackage
nehvaleem

Post by nehvaleem »

Hi, Thanks!

The problem is: updated integration package works fine on a bare minimum project (only ink, DS and the content I've attached) but it does not on the full project. It is probably some bug on my side, but it is really weird since I am not doing anything fancy there regarding dialogue system (besides custom UI mostly).

The behaviour is that clicking "continue" button to fast forward simply doesn't do anything. I am using StandardUIContinueButtonFastForward.OnFastForward as the standard UI does.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? I am using the latest version of DS from assetstore with the integration package from this thread.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If the continue button's OnClick event still connected to StandardUIContinueButtonFastForward.OnFastForward? Does the StandardUIContinueButtonFastForward component point to the correct subtitle text GameObject? Are there any errors or warnings in the Console, perhaps inadvertently filtered out by the filter buttons in the upper right of the Console window? You've probably already checked all that, but I thought I'd mention it in case something slipped by.

Would it be possible for you to send a reproduction project or reproduction steps to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
nehvaleem

Post by nehvaleem »

I think I've narrowed the issue. It is related to the actors and to the Is Player setting. Maybe I am using it the wrong way. It is a bit confusing to me as I have multiple team members and every one of them can act as a player.

In my example, try add all the actors that are present in the content, and mark tayasu as not the player. It will stuck on the "That's true" line.

I've prepared the full repro project in case you need it. Here it is: [cut]
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks! I'm downloading the project now.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That was a clear bug, an oversight on my part. You can download the updated integration package from the Dialogue System Extras page. (direct download)
nehvaleem

Post by nehvaleem »

Thanks! I've tested the updated package and it seems to be working fine (regarding the loop issue).

But I think that something other has changed. I don't know If it's the desired behavior, but the change to

Code: Select all

PlaySequenceFromInk
made sequences from ink behave in a different way than before.

For example, I've got a

Code: Select all

{Sequence("Timeline(play, Tayasu Appears)")}
in a particular line.

Before these changes, it would play the timeline after clicking "continue" on a line that triggered it.

After these changes, it won't.

I am pretty used to how it worked before and I think it was good and predictable behavior. Could you please take a look?

if I revert the changes you've made to the PlaySequenceFromInk - it works as before.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll add a checkbox option to revert to the old behavior or use the new behavior. The default will be to use the old behavior that you're used to.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

The checkbox will be in the integration update that I'm trying to get done by end of tomorrow.