Link to Conversation - cannot choose Start or Group nodes without dialogue text

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
joemoulding

Link to Conversation - cannot choose Start or Group nodes without dialogue text

Post by joemoulding »

Hi, I want to switch to a different conversation, but rather than jump straight to a node with dialogue, I want to switch to either the Start node, or a group node. This doesn't appear to be possible in 1.5.8 ? Thanks
Tony Li

Re: Link to Conversation - cannot choose Start or Group nodes without dialogue text

Post by Tony Li »

Oops, that's an oversight in the editor. Thanks for reporting it! In the upcoming version 1.5.9 (coming out Monday), you'll be able to select group nodes and nodes without dialogue text. You won't be able to select the START node, though; this is a rule established by Chat Mapper, and the Dialogue System tries to maintain 100% compatibility with Chat Mapper. If you need a patch before Monday, let me know what version of Unity you're using and I'll get it out to you.
joemoulding

Re: Link to Conversation - cannot choose Start or Group nodes without dialogue text

Post by joemoulding »

Okay, that sounds great. I should be fine to wait until Monday. Thanks for the quick response!
Roncin

Post by Roncin »

For myself, I created dummy nodes that had the dialog text
START: <name of conversation> <ID number>

For ease of finding them, I tried to create dummy start nodes and an exit nodes with Node ID's 1,2,3... that way they would appear at the top of the list.