Dialogue Panel Vanishes When Conversation Save with an open Inventory is Loaded

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
CodePrincess

Dialogue Panel Vanishes When Conversation Save with an open Inventory is Loaded

Post by CodePrincess »

Hi, everyone!

So everything was humming along nicely when I spotted that if you saved a conversation with an inventory menu open
like this:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/f9ckl511 ... l.png/file

If you loaded it, the conversation panel behind the menu vanishes, like this:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/tz9qnzw8 ... o.png/file

If you present an item though, the panel shows the next line of dialogue and it's business as usual.
If you press the back button, you're stranded until you click the court record, press Frank, then click the "Back" button.
Then, again, the conversation continues as normal.

What should I do?
Thank you so much for your help.

Oh! My stats!
Unity 2020.1.10f1
Adventure Creator 1.72.2
Dialogue System for Unity 2.2.12
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue Panel Vanishes When Conversation Save with an open Inventory is Loaded

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It sounds like the conversation is still active, but the dialogue panel isn't visible. Let's confirm that. When this happens, please check two things:

1. Open the Dialogue Editor and inspect the conversation. Is a node (the current node) highlighted in green?

2. Inspect the dialogue UI. (It will probably be a child GameObject of the Dialogue Manager's Canvas.) Open an Animator window, and inspect the Dialogue Panel and the NPC Subtitle Panel. Are they in the Show or Focus state? Or in another state such as Hide?

(I've finished work for the night, but I'll check back ASAP in the morning.)
CodePrincess

Re: Dialogue Panel Vanishes When Conversation Save with an open Inventory is Loaded

Post by CodePrincess »

1. Open the Dialogue Editor and inspect the conversation. Is a node (the current node) highlighted in green?

2. Inspect the dialogue UI. (It will probably be a child GameObject of the Dialogue Manager's Canvas.) Open an Animator window, and inspect the Dialogue Panel and the NPC Subtitle Panel. Are they in the Show or Focus state? Or in another state such as Hide?
Ohp, yeah, there ya go... the node the conversation saves to is this one:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/bre14uea ... t.png/file

When you run the conversation normally, it just displays the previous node.

Since the game save starts at that node, which has no dialogue to display, it's invisible.
If I really want something displayed, I can just right the previous node's lines into this node's Dialogue Text Field.

We're done! Thanks for the nudge, Tony!

CodePrincess!
Thank you so much for your help.

Oh! My stats!
Unity 2020.1.10f1
Adventure Creator 1.72.2
Dialogue System for Unity 2.2.12
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Melissa,

Can you eliminate that node and move its Sequence and Script content to the previous node?