ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Talairina

Re: ORK integration

Post by Talairina »

Using Save Point it has the same issue. I'm not sure what's going on.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Well at least it's consistent, which will help narrow down the issue.

In your main menu / start screen scene, does your Quest Machine GameObject have Save System components? For example, this is the Quest Machine GameObject in the example's "0 Main Menu QM" scene:

qmORKSave.png
qmORKSave.png (81.39 KiB) Viewed 61984 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. I'll be happy to take a look directly. (Zip up Assets, Packages, and ProjectSettings, and include steps to reproduce the issue.)
Talairina

Post by Talairina »

So I started a new Project. Imported ORK, ORK's completed Tutorial resources, Quest Machine, Quest Machines ORK Support and finally the QM ORK Demo Files. I then started the game and everything works fine. It saves the quests correctly. So it's an issue within my Project itself. My Quest Machine object is set up exactly like the image above.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you tick the Debug checkboxes on Quest Machine's save system components, it might give you enough information to identify the issue in your project.

If you don't see any logs at all, then the save system components aren't being called. Make sure you're using QuestJournalFor ORK, QuestGiverForORK, etc. The components with "ForORK" at the end tie into ORK's save system.

If none of that helps, you're welcome to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com
Talairina

Post by Talairina »

So I'm seeing no calls from the Save System with Debug attached. I double checked that everything was attached correctly and I believe it is. I ticked Debug on the test project I made as mentioned above and whilst that work's fully, it does not show any Debug logs when asked to.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Can you post some screenshots of your setup? You can email them to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com if you prefer.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

So, I'm trying to give another EXP reward to player which is called DP, I can create a similar ORKExpRewardSystem class and replace what is necessary, but then I see the ORKGiveExpQuestAction class which is specific to EXP (which btw it's statusValue[11] while my EXP is on 12 id in ORK, does that mean I need to change it correct?

Should I also create a new ORKGiveDPQuestAction and ORKGiveDPQuestActionEditor ?

It would really be helpful if this one was more modular, in the ORKExpRewardSystem class having an ID and name of the status value so we can replace and have multiple EXP rewards if needed and not need to create these classes all over, also if someone like me has the EXP in another ID :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Good ideas! I'll make it modular. I'll try to get the integration updated by the end of tomorrow.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please give this a try. To maintain compatibility with existing quests, it uses the same name ("ORK Give Exp" quest action) but you can now specify any status value ID.

QM_ORKSupport_2020-07-14.unitypackage
[EDIT: Updated]