Selector Use Button and Rewired

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Soundmartell

Selector Use Button and Rewired

Post by Soundmartell »

Hi,
The Selector Use Button (Action) doesnt work even when I have a custom controller and the Action Button in Rewired Input Manager and Project Setting Input Manager.
Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Selector Use Button and Rewired

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're using Rewired, import the Rewired Support package located in Assets / Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Common / Third Party Support. Then add the InputDeviceManagerRewired script to the Dialogue Manager GameObject.
Soundmartell

Post by Soundmartell »

Thank you for answering. I Did it, I just forgot to mention it.
All the Rewired Custom buttons are working proper with the UFPS and Dialogue System as : Canceling Dialogues but not with Selectors.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What version of the Dialogue System are you using? In some older versions, the Selector read from standard Unity Input instead of using the input overrides. (The Selector was originally just an example script, but over time many devs used it in production projects, so it got a more formal implementation.)
Soundmartell

Post by Soundmartell »

I am using version 2.2.6
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Does use Use Button work in the Unity editor's play mode? On Android, what is this button mapped to in Rewired?

Have you added the InputDeviceManagerRewired script to the Dialogue Manager GameObject?

You're always welcome to send a copy of your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. Zip up the Assets, Packages, and ProjectSetttings folders. I'll be happy to take a look.
Soundmartell

Post by Soundmartell »

I am using version 2.2.6

Does use Use Button work in the Unity editor's play mode? No.
what is this button mapped to in Rewired? Action.
Have you added the InputDeviceManagerRewired script to the Dialogue Manager GameObject? Yes.
You're always welcome to send a copy of your project The project is 15Gb and I have not the rights to share it.

Thank you for trying help and support.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for the info. We'll get to the bottom of it.
Soundmartell wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:14 pmwhat is this button mapped to in Rewired? Action.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. What physical device input is it mapped to? A keyboard key? A joystick button? A touch control?