Using multiple fonts for regular text, italic text, and bold text and character spacing

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Jesse

Using multiple fonts for regular text, italic text, and bold text and character spacing

Post by Jesse »

Hello Tony,

I am extremely grateful for the help you gave me before and I had a couple more questions if you don't mind.

Is it possible to use a separate font for italic or bold?

So for example
Base Font - regular text
Italic Font - italic font when using the italic rich text codes
Bold Font - bold font when using the bold rich text codes

So essentially there could be up to three fonts that could display in one text box. Is this sort of thing possible?

Other question is with character spacing
I would like to control the character spacing for certain text boxes. Not at runtime but set up to display text with a bit more space between each character.

I would be grateful for any help. Thank you!

Warm Regards,
Jesse
Tony Li

Re: Using multiple fonts for regular text, italic text, and bold text and character spacing

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

TextMesh Pro does all of that, and the Dialogue System has integrated TextMesh Pro support. See TextMesh Pro Support.

Use the <font> tag for different fonts:

and set up character spacing in the TextMeshProUGUI component's inspector.
Jesse

Re: Using multiple fonts for regular text, italic text, and bold text and character spacing

Post by Jesse »

Thank you so very much, Tony!

I ask and you provide perfect solutions each time. I just left a 5-star review on your asset. You are awesome, thank you!!!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it!