Pause Focus Check Frequency?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Japtor

Pause Focus Check Frequency?

Post by Japtor »

Hi,

Does the DialogueManager.Pause() affect the Navigation -> Focus Check Frequency?

I would like to open a pause menu panel during the conversation with the pad. I need to unable the Focus Check Frequency until is unpaused so I can move through the pause menu buttons.

Thanks! :)
Tony Li

Re: Pause Focus Check Frequency?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

DialogueManager.Pause() affects focus check frequency if the Dialogue Manager's Dialogue Time is set to Gameplay.

That should do it. If not, here are alternatives:

1. Add a UIPanel component to your pause menu, and call its Open() and Close() methods. This makes the Dialogue System aware of it.

2. Or disable the active panel (e.g., the subtitle panel or the response menu panel).
Japtor

Post by Japtor »

Hi,

Are you sure? I have changed the Dialogue Time to Gameplay and the Focus Check Frequency stills get called.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I thought I was sure, but I shouldn't have been. :-) It operates in realtime so menus can operate when paused.

You can either set Focus Check Frequency and Refresh Selectables Frequency to zero, or add a UIPanel to your menu as described above.

In version 2.1.3, I'll add a static bool UIPanel.monitorSelection that you can set to false during your menu.