Most efficient way to keep track of current conversation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Alatriste

Most efficient way to keep track of current conversation

Post by Alatriste »

Hi,

I'd like to track all the time the current conversation info. In Playmaker we already have the "Get Current Conversation Info" action. I'd have to create a loop to get what I want, but just in case, I'd like to ask if there is a more efficient way than just creating the loop. I know that DS can trigger some events when a conversation starts and so on, but I'm not sure if that would be better for what I want to achieve. Any idea?

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Most efficient way to keep track of current conversation

Post by Tony Li »

Alatriste wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 amI'd like to track all the time the current conversation info. In Playmaker we already have the "Get Current Conversation Info" action. I'd have to create a loop to get what I want, but just in case, I'd like to ask if there is a more efficient way than just creating the loop. I know that DS can trigger some events when a conversation starts and so on, but I'm not sure if that would be better for what I want to achieve.
Yes, that's a good solution. The conversation info only changes with the OnConversationStart, OnConversationLine, OnConversationResponseMenu, and OnConversationEnd events. (List of events.)Your FSM can listen for these events and then check "Get Current Conversation Info".