Updating to 2.1.0 using VN Framework 2.0.3

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Alatriste

Updating to 2.1.0 using VN Framework 2.0.3

Post by Alatriste »

Hi,

I tried to update to DS 2.1.0 while using VN framework but I got some errors, so I had to revert the changes.
I guess is better to don't update yet, right?
Tony Li

Re: Updating to 2.1.0 using VN Framework 2.0.3

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Can you post the errors here?

I always test with the latest version of the Dialogue System, and I don't see any errors.

BTW, VN Framework 2.0.4 is available. It's a very minor update. It only updates support for Ink integration and updates the Start scene to load the Gameplay scene instead of the Example Gameplay scene.
Alatriste

Post by Alatriste »

Hi Tony,

I found the problems (silly of me for not realizing when I wrote the post):

Basically, my Dialogue Manager prefab has attached a bunch of scripts, and also a sequencer shortcut with different shortcuts added. So after the update, everything is lost.

What is the best way to update DS in those cases, when you want to keep those scripts attached? Create a copy?
BTW, VN Framework 2.0.4 is available. It's a very minor update. It only updates support for Ink integration and updates the Start scene to load the Gameplay scene instead of the Example Gameplay scene.
Yes, I saw it, but I decided to wait for the next big update. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Alatriste wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:50 amI found the problems (silly of me for not realizing when I wrote the post):

Basically, my Dialogue Manager prefab has attached a bunch of scripts, and also a sequencer shortcut with different shortcuts added. So after the update, everything is lost.

What is the best way to update DS in those cases, when you want to keep those scripts attached? Create a copy?
Yes, save your customized Dialogue Manager as a new prefab.