A few questions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mmopulencia

A few questions

Post by mmopulencia »

Hi Tony,

am i doing something wrong , there are times where the dialogue manager repeats its line , is there maybe something ive accidentally ticked that might be doing this .

second question , is there a way for me to make the npc's dialouge random, like how the barks can go random? i have like 10 NPCs with question and would like to create 4 sets of questions each , and was thingking on how i can make them do random or a specific set .
Tony Li

Re: A few questions

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
mmopulencia wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 pmam i doing something wrong , there are times where the dialogue manager repeats its line , is there maybe something ive accidentally ticked that might be doing this .
Would it be possible for you to send an example project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com along with steps to reproduce the issue?
mmopulencia wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 pmsecond question , is there a way for me to make the npc's dialouge random, like how the barks can go random? i have like 10 NPCs with question and would like to create 4 sets of questions each , and was thingking on how i can make them do random or a specific set .
There are several ways to do this.

This post describes how to use RandomElement to include random elements in a single dialogue entry node.

This post describes how to go down random branches in conversations (i.e., choose random nodes from a list).

This post describes how to do the same thing without repeating.