Localizing Quests Groups & Hiding Alert

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
fringilla

Localizing Quests Groups & Hiding Alert

Post by fringilla »

Hi, I have two questions:
1. How to localize Quests Groups? I've tried adding field Group English (like in quests name or description) to the template but it doesn't work :(
2. How to make an alert hide before the next queued alert is shown? Is it possible? I ask because when there's an alert "Received 2x Banana" and the next is "Received 2x Beet" the change from first to second doesn't draw attention.
Tony Li

Re: Localizing Quests Groups & Hiding Alert

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
fringilla wrote:1. How to localize Quests Groups? I've tried adding field Group English (like in quests name or description) to the template but it doesn't work
Sorry, I can't believe no one has ever asked for localized Quest Groups before. :shock: The current version doesn't localize quest groups. Here's an interim patch to localize quest groups with Unity UI Quest Log Windows: UnityUIQuestLogWindow_LocalizeGroups_2017-03-16.unitypackage
fringilla wrote:2. How to make an alert hide before the next queued alert is shown? Is it possible? I ask because when there's an alert "Received 2x Banana" and the next is "Received 2x Beet" the change from first to second doesn't draw attention.
I'm not sure I understand correctly. What if you tick Queue Alerts on your Unity UI Dialogue UI?

EDIT: I think I understand. Do you want the hide animation to fully play until the end before showing the next alert? If so, this will require a change to the way the code works. I'll try to make the change by early next and make it a configurable option on Unity UI Dialogue UI.
fringilla

Post by fringilla »

Jeez, I had to forgot to tick email notifications for this topic and I thought you just haven't replied lol! I can see that Localized Quest Groups have been added to the recent new version :) I've made a workaround before - in a Quest Group field in my dialogue database I put the name of the Localize Field in Text Table and then changed Quest Log script to search for quest group name there :P

About the alerts thing - yes, I would like one alert to fully disappear before the next queued one appears :)

Thank you and sorry for replying so late!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

No worries! If you ever don't see a reply from me within 24 hours and I haven't posted an out of office message in the Announcements section, call Liam Neeson because I've been taken by mobsters or something.

Some time this week, I'll have a patch on the Dialogue System Extras page that makes the alert fully disappear before the next queued one appears.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can download the alert change now on the Dialogue System Extras page.