Problem with Loading Dialogue Correctly

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hayds997

Problem with Loading Dialogue Correctly

Post by hayds997 »

Hello
Thank you in advance for having a look at this.
I have a problem with my visual novel, specifically with Saving and Loading

AIm:
I have a visual novel game, each scene will be a chapter with backgrounds, characters, and dialogue options. I am using the Visual Novel Framework to do this project.
My project is structured as follows:
Start Scene > SceneOne (gameplay scene in VN template)
At the end of Conversation 1 in SceneOne: Load Level SceneTwo and New Dialogue Trigger in sceneTwo for Conversation 2
When I finish in SceneOne I try to link to SceneTwo which works fine but this is where the issues begin:

A) When Saving a scene in SceneTwo and loading it, it flashes first to SceneOne and then goes to SceneTwo, this causes the dialogue system to load the fade in SceneOne dialogue, fade out then back into SceneTwo

B) When saving on a second scene, the game seems to try save who is currently talking but it resets the dialogue:
Scene when saving:
State after Load:

The portrat that was active is correct but the dialogue has reset back to start
The Dialogue System Saver does have Save Across Scene Changes enabled

Originally I tried to have Conversation 1 link directly to Conversation 2 instead of having a new object to trigger dialogue but I noticed it wasnt loading any portraits in SceneTwo

If it's easier to send the whole project I'm happy to do that (just not sure how)
Tony Li

Re: Problem with Loading Dialogue Correctly

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

How are you loading the game? By clicking Continue or Load Game in the start scene?

If you'd like, you can send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com