Camera transform issue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hrohibil

Camera transform issue

Post by hrohibil »

Hello Toni

Please see screenshot. I am following the Cutscene tutorials.

I made an empty game object and called it "CamShopAngle1".
I added this to the first entry not the yellow START but the first NPC node, as i want the camera to be viewing from this transform.

It . does not work from that node, the camera just is where the actor started the conversation, I add the same text to second node, here it works but then jumps out again on following node.

If i want the camera to only be from that one position for all the nodes, how do i accomplish this?

Tony Li

Re: Camera transform issue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

That command should move the camera to the position of CamShopAngle1.

Are you using Cinemachine? Cinemachine takes control of the camera, so you can't use the Camera() commands. You must use the Cinemachine***() sequencer commands instead.
hrohibil

Post by hrohibil »

No errors.

I am using Invector, can’t remember if they use Cinemachine..

No errors as I recall.

Would it be enough to have the command only in one node and it would stay there for rest of the conversation nodes or do I need to enter the command on all nodes?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You only need Camera() in one node. The camera will stay there until you use another Camera() command or until the conversation ends.

If the Camera() command doesn't move the camera, make sure you've set up the integration by adding a Dialogue System Invector Bridge component. (Please see the integration guide.)