Setactive Timeline skips dialogue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mudukke

Setactive Timeline skips dialogue

Post by mudukke »

In the sequence, I have two timelines using setactive I turn off 1 timeline and turn on the other. However, it seems to skip the dialogue where these sequence settings are they go straight to the next dialogue. I tried a delay evaluation but it still skips the dialogue.. Also, it doesn't turn off the Timeline when I have options,
Attachments
sequence1.png
sequence1.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 329 times
dialogue.png
dialogue.png (22.44 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Tony Li

Re: Setactive Timeline skips dialogue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Add "{{default}}" (without quotes) to the dialogue entry's Sequence.

The conversation will stay on a dialogue entry for the duration of its Sequence.

The SetActive() commands run and finish immediately, which means the dialogue entry finishes immediately and the conversation advances immediately.

The special tag {{default}} includes the Dialogue Manager's Default Sequence into the Sequence. The initial value of Default Sequence is Delay({{end}}), which delays for a duration based on the text length. (More info: How To: Control the Duration of Subtitle Text)
mudukke

Post by mudukke »

Great thanks again!

Just another question with choices is there a way on the timeline to pause/delay timeline to have enough time pick choice before timeline ends?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

See this post: https://pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 406#p37406

It shows how to pause the timeline to click the continue button. You can do a similar thing for response menus.