Issue with dialogue audio

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
sylwestroni

Issue with dialogue audio

Post by sylwestroni »

Hi,

I have two characters that have a conversation:
- Old Hunter Caleb (PLAYER) -> spawns by ORK Framework
- Grave Digger (NPC)

Grave Digger starts a conversation like this:
Everything works fine: Grave Digger talks, camera moves toward his model.

And then I have three responses:

I wanted to test first response, which is set like that:

But when I clicked that option, my character didn't speak and an error occurs in the console:

Code: Select all

Can not play a disabled audio source
UnityEngine.AudioSource:Play ()
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequencerCommands.SequencerCommandAudioWait/<>c__DisplayClass11_0:<TryAudioClip>b__0 (UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/MVC/Sequencer/Commands/SequencerCommandAudioWait.cs:95)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueSystemController:LoadAsset (string,System.Type,PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.AssetLoadedDelegate) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueSystemController.cs:2455)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.DialogueManager:LoadAsset (string,System.Type,PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.AssetLoadedDelegate) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/Manager/DialogueManager.cs:1027)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequencerCommands.SequencerCommandAudioWait:TryAudioClip (string) (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/MVC/Sequencer/Commands/SequencerCommandAudioWait.cs:70)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequencerCommands.SequencerCommandAudioWait/<Start>d__9:MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/MVC/Sequencer/Commands/SequencerCommandAudioWait.cs:44)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)
And suddenly, that audio file showed in the Audio Source of my Old Hunter Caleb prefab:

Is there an option, that something goes wrong with ORK Framework and Dialogue System corelation? NPC talks fine, I tested a lot of audio files, but I can't talk with my character :)

Best Regards.
Tony Li

Re: Issue with dialogue audio

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It should work fine with ORK. If you don't specify a subject, the AudioWait() command will use the Audio Source on the dialogue entry's speaker. If the speaker (Caleb in this case) doesn't have an Audio Source, it will add a default Audio Source. If it has an Audio Source, the AudioWait() command will use it.

Make sure the subject GameObject is active when that dialogue entry plays. If it can't be active, specify a different GameObject for the speaker.