Using Panel from Canvas(Other than Dialogue Manager's) as Response

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ehtiakbar1

Using Panel from Canvas(Other than Dialogue Manager's) as Response

Post by ehtiakbar1 »

Hi Tony,

I hope you are doing great. I am working on a game and am currently creating a tutorial to teach users about the functionality and UI of the game. It is a presidential simulation game where you can appoint or remove someone as a minister and perform other similar actions.

I have a couple of questions regarding setting up the conversation in the game:

I want the conversation to pause at certain dialogue and wait for the user to perform specific actions, such as appointing someone. I assume I can achieve this using the "waitformessage()" sequencer command, but if there's a better option, please guide me.

Additionally, I would like to open another UI panel during the conversation, where I can choose a specific person for a particular ministry. Once I make a selection, I want this panel to close or hide, and the conversation to continue.

There is much more I would like to ask, but I will first try to figure everything out on my own. If I am unable to find a solution, I may seek your assistance. I am aware that documentation exists, but I am not very proficient in English.

Thank you.
Tony Li

Re: Using Panel from Canvas(Other than Dialogue Manager's) as Response

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Yes, use WaitForMessage(). You can also hide the dialogue UI while you're waiting. For example:

appoint.png
appoint.png (29.81 KiB) Viewed 162 times

This assumes the AppointmentPanel lets the player appoint someone and then closes and calls Sequencer.Message("Appointed");.