Bark Problem With Unity Localization

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Khal

Bark Problem With Unity Localization

Post by Khal »

First of all, hello everyone.
I have read the documentation about Unity localization and integrated the dialogue system with Unity localization as described. After doing so, I noticed that while the Dialog texts were translated, the menu options were not. I ensured proper translation by filling in the menu text fields as well as the dialogue texts.

The problem I am currently facing is that barks are not being translated with localization, no matter how much I change the language, the barks continue to remain in the default language value.
I saw that the translation process was carried out as it should be if I added new data in the "all fields" tab in the Dialogue Entry, gave them titles like en, ni, fr, de, and then filled in the language fields that appeared in the upper part by making the type field localization. But in this case, the fields I edited for barks in the localization table were no longer of any use.

What I want to learn is, isn't it possible to create a structure that pulls directly from the localization table like dialog system normally does without needing separate editing for every bark conversation?

Thanks in advance.
Tony Li

Re: Bark Problem With Unity Localization

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please use the updated Localization Package Support package (direct download) available on the Dialogue System Extras page. It now supports localization of barks.