My game freezes after loading

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Igor Carmo

My game freezes after loading

Post by Igor Carmo »

Hello,

I was able to do a basic save and load setup using automatic save from easy save and Record/Apply Savegame Data from Dialogue System (saving to a Playmaker string) and it works fine.

However, if I press the save button more than once, when I exit the game and come back through the load button, the game loads in the right settings, but the screen is frozen.

When running the save/load system without the dialogue system, with only the easy save options, it works normally regardless of how many times the save button is clicked.
Tony Li

Re: My game freezes after loading

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window (if playing in the Unity editor's play mode) or Player.log (if playing a build)?

Can you reproduce this in the Unity editor's play mode?

If so, are you able to stop play mode by clicking the Game view's play button again?

When the screen is frozen while in play mode, select menu item Edit > Project Settings. In the Time section, what is the value of Time Scale?

What Saver components are you using (e.g., DialogueSystemSaver, PositionSaver, etc.)? Are you using any custom Saver scripts that you've written?