Disco Elysium Style scrolling Dialogue UI

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Gottlob_Docet

Disco Elysium Style scrolling Dialogue UI

Post by Gottlob_Docet »

Hey guys,
i've been using your asset for more then a year now and it has been amazing. Very powerful and intuitive and the docs are just perfect.
I've been wanting to update my UI now that we have almost finished finalizing the sprites and visuals for it, i'm trying to achieve a disco elysium style scrolling dialogue UI that scrolls the dialogue upwards one section at a time as new entries are added to the conversation, with the players possible choices always appearing at the lower part of the panel (love the concept and how disco elysium derived inspiration from the twitter feed for the UI dialogue animations).
I've come to understand that the scrolling UI Prefab is the better choice as a template to modify, i would like the new entries to be printed always at a specific point in the panel and all the previous ones to slide upwards, in this moment a new entry is printed at the bottom but you have to manually scroll to it, i've tried setting autoscroll while using text mesh pro, but the implementation didnt work (i followed the sizer text gameobject solution for the other UI prefab).
If you could give me some general tips and workaround on how to achieve this look and system i would be extremely grateful, cheers in advance!
Tony Li

Re: Disco Elysium Style scrolling Dialogue UI

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Does this example scene work the way you want? If it doesn't work right away, please update to the current Dialogue System version (2.2.37 as of this reply) and check again.

DS_TestScrollingUI_TMP_2023-04-03.unitypackage
Gottlob_Docet

Post by Gottlob_Docet »

im speechless. Its the perfect template, thank you so much for the quick response.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!