Vertical Auto Arrange Canvas Issue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
BWLGeorge

Vertical Auto Arrange Canvas Issue

Post by BWLGeorge »

I know I saw a mention of a further improved vertical auto arrange in a future update, so this isn't a super pressing matter I don't imagine, but I've been having an issue where when I vertically arrange my conversations, they get pushed off the left of the canvas and I'm unable to scroll or zoom out to see or interact with them.

The version in the attached picture is as far left as it will let me go, regardless of the level of zoom, and I've tried moving the start or messing around with grid size and settings to no avail. Similarly, clicking on them via a connected node just kind of confuses and recenters the ui.

Just wondering if there's a fix for this or if I should just work in horizontal until the update.
Attachments
vertical arrange.PNG
vertical arrange.PNG (99.09 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Tony Li

Re: Vertical Auto Arrange Canvas Issue

Post by Tony Li »

Can you pan the canvas so you can see the the nodes that are cut off on the left?

Version 2.2.36 will have an update to that algorithm. In the meantime, a way to use the original algorithm is to lasso-select all of the nodes in the conversation. Then right-click on a node and select Auto Arrange > Vertical. The new algorithm only applies when arranging the entire conversation. The old algorithm kicks in when you've selected a set of nodes (including if that set contains all of the nodes in the conversation).
BWLGeorge

Post by BWLGeorge »

Yeah the issue is that I can't pan any further left, it's pushing the nodes off the canvas fully so I can't reach them at all. I was able to auto-arrange horizontally, select them, and auto-arrange vertically with the nodes selected like you suggested to set it right again using the old algorithm.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll try to make sure this is handled in the next update. I'll also add Auto Arrange menu options for the new Vertical algorithm and the old Vertical algorithm.