Third Party Support folder is empty

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
walczak

Third Party Support folder is empty

Post by walczak »

Hello, I am trying to integrate Dialogue System with Rewired, However the Third Party Support folder is empty and I cannot find the plugin file anywhere, even on the https://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue- ... tem-extras page.
Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Third Party Support folder is empty

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Did you clone your project from a version control repository? If so, repositories are often set up to exclude *.unitypackage files. For example, if you're using Git, the .gitignore file might contain "*.unitypackage".

In this case, please import the Dialogue System from the Package Manager window to get the complete asset.
walczak

Post by walczak »

Thanks for a quick reply. I managed to install the support package. Then I added the Input Device Manager to the Dialogue Manager. I am not sure if it's working correctly but when I run the game there is "old" EventSystem gameobject created.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Add an EventSystem with a Rewired Standalone Input Module.

If you can't add it at design time -- for example, if it's instantiated at runtime -- then you can tell the Dialogue System to not instantiate a default one. To do this, inspect the dialogue UI's Standard Dialogue UI component and UNtick Add EventSystem If Needed. Then inspect the quest log window and UNtick the same. The quest log window may be instantiated by the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Instantiate Prefabs component.
walczak

Post by walczak »

Alright I think I got it working. Many thanks for your help. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!