Alert shows on load

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Alert shows on load

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Scott,

Happy New Year!

That must be a really old version of the menu template. Two options come to mind.

First, the dangerous one: upgrading to the Dialogue System Menu Framework. This updated menu framework no longer requires Unity's Game Jam Menu Template. It might fix the issues, but it would probably also break your existing menus and you'd have to reconnect things. You could try creating a new, minimal project to test the new menu framework. If it works there, you could integrate it into your main project.

Second, the tedious one: pack up your project and send me a copy. I'll be happy to take a look. I know it's a huge download, but that's fine on my side. Let's just get it working. :-)

A third option: Back up your project, and then download and import the latest version of the Dialogue System Menu Template Prefab. This will update your SaveHelper so it should have the options I described in my previous post. Note that the Menu Template Prefab is the second button under EXTRAS. The first button is the new menu framework.
supadupa64

Re: Alert shows on load

Post by supadupa64 »

I imported the Dialogue System Menu Template Prefab and when I went to play it in the editor and it only showed a black screen. I made a build of it and it played the splash screen and then was stuck on the main menu. I wasn't able to get the game to play and the menu was all messed up. Basically nothing worked.

I'll see if I can choose one of the other options.